More On RSS Feeds
- Meghan Markle Reportedly Got Her Wikipedia Page Changed After She Met Prince Harry - MarieClaire.com
- Madison names Morrison as the next Athletic Director effective immediately - 953wiki.com
- Sola Onayiga Wiki, Biography, Age, Husband, Death, Age, Parents, Kids, Family, Net Worth & More - News Unzip
- Pop Smoke Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Net worth, Parents, Siblings, Wiki, Biography & More - News Unzip
- Which Free Digital Marketing Course Is Right for You? - CMSWire
The Everett City Council is again looking at Red-Light cameras and will receive a briefing Wednesday night from the City’s Traffic Engineer.
The City of Everett first seriously considered red light cameras back in 2008. At that time the City Council passed an ordinance authorizing the use of cameras to monitor several different intersections around the City.
Plans didn’t move much farther along until the City Council Public Safety Committee re-visited the issue in 2019. At that time locations were identified for red-light cameras and also a school zone camera.
The City has always maintained it was about traffic safety and not revenue but does say they expect it to be revenue neutral or possibly generate revenue for traffic safety projects.
The yearly equipment cost for the program is currently estimated at $663,000.00 with an additional $504,000.00 in annual employee costs.
In 2009 7 potential camera locations were identified. That number increased to 10 for a briefing for the City Council public safety committee in 2020.
The City Traffic Engineer is asking for permission to issue a request for proposals for an Automated Traffic Safety System. If that is granted a separate action would be brought forward to move ahead with cameras in 2022.
My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It’s written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.
View all posts by myeverettnews